Monday, September 15, 2014

Fertilization Report is In!!

so.. to recap, we had 8 mature eggs retrieved yesterday morning. I actually felt really good out of anesthesia. When we got home hubster made me chicken noodle soup and I felt a tad bit nausea but nothing too bad.  I was sore walking around and it was hard to get up and down but I maybe **maybe** could have actually gone to work or done something light. until 6pm. around 6pm, I hurt. It was a crampy pain. so I went to bed.

Today I feel good. Sore, but good. I am still taking the day off work. I want to just relax and have some "me" time.  I will probably go get a pedicure. or manicure. or maybe both.

Now the moment you have been waiting for..
At 8:30am this morning, my phone was ringing. To which my first response was "who is calling me this early?" Then I remembered.. fertilization report! OMG. I dove for the phone and it was my favorite nurse. She reported that of our 8 mature eggs, 8 were fertilized. by ICSI.
I think I was was taken back. Yeah, I should have been happy that all 8 fertilized.. but the by ICSI caught me off guard- does this mean there is an egg issue? a sperm issue? is this why we can't get pregnant? She then said someone will call me tomorrow to schedule my day 3 transfer. another red flag.

Fortunately there are people wiser than me and the girls in my support forum offered fantastic advice. And the truth of it is, we have 8 fertilized eggs. That's amazing. They also said it's probably a day 3 transfer just due to the number of embryos <10. And I guess secondly, there is no telling what's ahead on this rollercoaster and I just need to be positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment