Sunday, September 14, 2014

egg retrieval- check!

so Friday at 9pm, hubster gave me the HCG shot. It was intramuscular and the needle was 2 inches long and I just didn't have it in me to to it myself (not to mention it needed to go in my hip/butt area.. lol).

Saturday was uneventful. I actually felt less big and bloated and sore than I had all week.

That brings us to today- egg retrieval day!
We woke up super early so we could be at the clinic 1.5 hours prior to surgery and fill out all the crazy paperwork and such. The nurse got the IV in and next thing I knew I was awake and eggless!

So the results...
On friday, I had 12 follicles (but 2 were only 1.0cm, and one was 1.3cm) and my estrogen was 2200.

Going into surgery, I kinda hoped the 1.3cm would catch up and maybe be big enough. But apparently not.  They got 8 mature eggs. I feel mixed on that number. based on the mature follicle size, I thought we would get 9 maybe 10. All last night I was freaked out that I was already ovulating the biggest ones (2.4cm and 2.2cm) and that we were going to lose them.

I know I should be happy with the 8- that's a really good number, but I know that not all will fertilize and I am starting to doubt if we will get enough to have a frozen cycle.

Recovery wise- I feel really good. I probably could actually go to work tomorrow. but I won't :) I get a little nauseated when I walk around too much but I am not in pain.

Tomorrow we get the fertilization report. Pray that we have some good little embryos!

No comments:

Post a Comment