Monday, October 13, 2014

milestones and insurance

so I know this is breaking the sunday-wednesday posting habit, but I wanted to post.

6 weeks 1 day. we hit the milestone!! and I pretty sure based on my unrelenting nausea that baby Bee is doing okay. I have started getting these strange cramps right behind my belly button but Dr. Google says that okay.

now for the rant. this weekend I got an insurance bill for 2,400$. WHAT! that's in addition to the 15k we have already forked over. I looked at the claims and the last 8 claims have all been denied. I called the insurance company to ask why even unrelated bloodwork isn't being covered now and apparently after being diagnosed as "INFERTILE" by the RE, nothing is covered since we don't have fertility coverage. thus all my medical claims are being rejected regardless of whether or not they are fertility procedure related. because I am a hormonal mess, I ran to the nearest closet (my work place went to this open environment shenanigans last fall) and proceeded to bawl my eyes out until someone walked in on me... yeah that was embarrassing.

Between the nausea, insurance and the hormones, I would rate today a -2 on the 1(suck) - 10 (awesome) scale.

I guess I need to call the RE and see if Wednesday's ultrasound can be diagnosed as pregnant or something not infertile so I don't end up paying 100000000000$$ for it.  I am just so bummed and feel so cheated. I hate insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment