Monday, February 23, 2015

Birchbox February

so I previously reviewed my January birchbox, here's what I received for February.

So with the normal subscription (10$ a month) it ships out on the 1st with the goal to arrive by the 10th. I actually recieved it on the 6th.. so you can see I am little late on the review.  At the end of January I got an email that gave me 2 choices for February's box. I could choose Box A with my normal curated samples plus one sample of my choosing (it was a mascara, a cleanser or a spray) or Box B which was 5 samples from Guest Editor "Rent the Runway"- which had an eyeliner (yes please), lip gloss (yes please) and DRY SHAMPOOO!!!!


I chose Box B as the options sounded really exciting and let's face it- I am not a huge fan of surprises lol. So.. what did we get?


so we have the usual intro card with the items- which I was already expecting thanks to my lovely choice ;)

Derma e glycolic scrub: this was kinda an added extra. I wasn't super excited for it, nor was I unexcited. I have drier/normal skin so I am not big into face washing. I found this product to strip all my oils and not do much for my skin. The exfoliating particles are kinda nice but for me this product isn't a winner.

Fekkai Blowout: So I was excited for this product as it's a dry shampoo. I have used a ton of brands of dry shampoo and am ALWAYS looking for new ones. I LOVE dry shampoo- after the gym, on a Thursday, etc... you name it. lol Right now I have Clairol which smells okay but doesn't work awesome. I have used Tresemme before which is kinda sticky and you MUST wash that night or your hair looks horrible. I tried Lee Stafford also, and that brand has a terrible chemical smell. gross. This brand works pretty well and smells fine. It wasn't mind blowing but if it's on sale, it might be a safe bet ;)

Not Soap Radio: This was typical body/shower wash. Didn't leave me too dry and smells delicious. What else is there to say?

Read my Lips Balm: This was sticky but for a lip balm/gloss it's about what I expected. The color stays on a LONG time which I really appreciated. I was super excited for it and have it in my current purse to give my winter paleness some color. 

Sumita eye liner.. so as you know from my January post, I received one of these in a gold color. I think we got off on the wrong foot that day because that gold eye liner has become one of my FAVORITES. And I never would have normally bought it. So there's a good 10$ use right there. Knowing that I liked the gold liner, I was pumped to try another color from this brand. This was a navy which is my usual go-to eyeliner color. This eyeliner works great on the water line and I LOVE the color. It wears all day long too. I may be a Sumita convert!!

So all in all, 10$ VERY well spent. for a small dry shampoo for the gym locker at Ulta, I'd pay 8-10$ easy. But now I got another wonderful eyeliner, lip balm and shower gel.  I could take or leave the face scrub.  I can't wait for March's box!! Try Birchbox yourself!

In March, I was also given a choose your own fate, so stay tuned to see what comes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment