Friday, January 23, 2015

Passing Time: Birchbox Review

So something I started doing to pass the time with TTC was online shopping. I mean I always shopped online but I used those dates to get me through the long two week wait stretches.  So instead of running to Target on a Tuesday after work, I'd just order what I needed from Amazon Prime and have it in 2 days. This would make me focus on Thursday and break up my wait period.

In my quest to past time, I was always interested in some mail order subscriptions- I hardly have time (or energy now ;) ) to get out and get little things like make-up.  So when I noticed some friends talking about Ipsy and Birchbox, I figured for 10$ why not. (I already made illusions to StitchFix in my last post- that's arriving TUESDAY!!)

So after careful consideration and reading a million blogs, I decided that I wanted skincare/haircare over just makeup and signed up with Birchbox. I got my first box this week!!

So what did I get....

The box is very cute. Ipsy sends you a makeup pouch every month, but who needs a million tiny pouches? I was appreciative of this recyclable box that won't live under my sink for 3 years.

On top there was a list of everything inside with a brief description.

First item- Sumita Contrast Liner. It's a beautiful gold color. I normally wear navy so it'll work well.

This is Which Body Butter. It's lavender scented and honestly I am not too much of a fan. It's a small size, and I may take it to my mom. The lotion was nice though and the brand comes in other scents.

Dr. Jart BB cream, I LOVE BB cream. especially now when my face is so dry and splotchy.  I was really excited to try another brand.

Harvey Prince Perfume. I am a pretty big burberry loyalist, but sometimes it's nice to try new things. this was not one of those things. In my preferences I turned off perfumes. ;)

I also got an exfoliating face wash by Vasanti which I apparently didn't photograph. Oops. it is AMAZING. best thing in the whole box!

so for 10$ I was pretty pleased. I got to try new products and brands and never had to leave the house! And I really love snail mail. Give birchbox a try yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment