Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Hospital Bag

so I always saw these posts while pregnant "What do you need for the hospital" and I did a TON of research to make sure I had everything I needed. Most of the posts put what they packed and then what they actually used. I generated my pack-list based on what they used and still had WAY too much.

Disclaimer: I am a minimalist, who likes to pack as little as possible and refuses to carry a purse most of the time ;)

What do you need at the hospital?
1) flip flops/ easy on off shoes. flip flops are great since you can wear them in the shower too.
2) shampoo/conditioner/soap. my hospital room only had "body/face" soap.
3) robe. I brought a light weight robe for walking around for some modesty.
4) cell phone/ charger
5) granola bars
6) tooth brush/tooth paste/deodorant
7) hair brush
8) something to wear home and something for baby to wear home
9) carseat on take-home day

What did my hospital provide? (that I remember using)
1) water bottle
2) mesh undies- yeah they get mocked, but they are comfy, hold up the giant pads and you throw them away
3) GIANT pads, ice pads, absorbent packs etc
4) pillows out the wazoo (you can double stuff the cases if you want)
5) hair dryer
6) all things for baby (diapers, wipes, Vaseline, gauze, clothes, pacifier, blankets)
7) all things for breast pumping
8) night mask
9) ear plugs
10) towels
11) meals and snacks
12) any medications
(13- they also provided toothbrush and toothpaste but I am particular to my own)



No comments:

Post a Comment